Jan 22, 2011

Good news .... powder coating my fixie!

I have some great news! This past week I have been breaking down my fixie to just the frame so that I can get it powder coated. Well just yesterday I took it in to the powder coater and they said it should be done by the middle of next week, there is some bad news though. I am not going to get the color scheme that I wanted. They said they can to multiple colors, but it doesn't usually turn out very well because they have to spray it then re-mask it and spray it again. Then I asked them what flat colors they had and they only had black (which I like a lot). I originally wanted a flat graphite gray and black with a angled stripe down the bike (hard to describe how it is exactly). Anyway I think I will be happy with the flat black. Now my bike is going to be flat black with white wheels and red accents.

P.S. I would post some kind of picture but there are no good ones of a flat black fixie so here is a picture of a kitten instead

No comments:

Post a Comment