Oct 12, 2010

So my bro says .... No bro its the carburetor

A few weeks or maybe months ago I shared with you that I traded an RC truck for a mountain bike and a mountain bike for a motorcycle. Well, the motorcycle runs great except for a few things. I need to buy a part to fix the back break (yes I have been riding it around with only front breaks) and that is going to cost about 100 bucks .... yuck. The other problem is the carburetors. I just can't seem to figure them out. They keep leaking gas out of the overflow tubes. Basically there is a can in the bottom of the carb that holds gas so that when I hit the throttle it has gas to put in the engine. Well the problem is, there are these floats that push a pin up to stop the flow of the gas. Well I've been adjusting the floats so that they turn off the gas flow sooner but it just doesn't seem to stop. Well come to find out these nettles have a layer of rubber on the ends to make a solid seal. Mine don't have the rubber. So, basically I have been taking the carbs out and putting them back in all this time for nothing really. Once I get those two things fixed she should be good to go for another ...... well forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment