Feb 16, 2011

What to do with my 3rd gen. Ipod

I have a 40 gb Ipod that has been sitting in a drawer for a number of years. The battery didn't hold a charge for more than 30 minutes.
I used to use it strictly for my car. I had an alpine radio that hooked directly to the Ipod and it would charge it so I never had a problem. Well I got a new car and I left the old radio in my old car. My new car has a Pioneer stereo which has a usb input but the 3rd gen. Ipod wont charge on a usb Ipod cord. They came with a firewire cord and that is the only thing they can charge on. So I recently decided to find out what I could do with it. I found a replacement battery on laptopsforless.com for 0.74 cents. Thats right 74 cents. Shipping was like 6 bucks. So I got the battery in the mail today and switched it out taking pictures of everything and guess what ...... no sd card in the camera so I had pictures of the whole process but I don't anymore. The good news is that I got it all back together and it is charging away. The directions say that it needs a minimum of 3 hours of charging before I can use it so I hope it works. My plan is to "hack" it. There are a number of things you can do with it when hacked. There are a bunch of games and applications you can install on it so that it is more functional. I would love to find some kind of hack that will allow it to charge with a usb cable instead of the firewire.

No comments:

Post a Comment