Aug 20, 2010

Trading, Bartering, and Dreams

So awhile ago I heard about this 17 year old kid that traded things on craigslist. He started with a cell phone and eventually ended up with a Porsche! So I decided to try it out and although I started with something a little better I now have something that I've wanted for a long time!

So here is the story ...... I have had this Remote control truck for years and I haven't touched it.


So I decided to put it up on the local classified ads page and I got a few offers but non that caught my eye. Finally a gentleman called me with a 2001 Specialized FSR Rockhopper. (Its a mountain bike) So this mountain bike was in perfect condition and it had upgraded shocks and breaks. It was beautiful. The guy I traded works for Specialized so he probably got it for free.



We traded and I was happy.

The next day I was on the internet looking at the trade ads and I found a guy that had a 1980 Kawasaki KZ650. It is in great shape, just over 13k miles. The guy was looking for a mountain bike so I contacted him and we traded and I was Happy.



So In less that a week I went from a remote control car that I never used to something that I have always wanted ...... a motorcycle. I plan on converting it into a cafe racer, and then who knows. I will probably trade it eventually and we'll see what I get. I am addicted to this trading thing now. Who knows maybe one day I'll get a house like Kyle McDonald.

No comments:

Post a Comment